Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions and your use of our web site are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English court. This does not affect your non-excludable statutory rights.
A Contract between the customer and Lily & Lionel Ltd for the sale of our products will only exist once an order has been accepted, processed and despatched (at which point the buyers credit/debit card will be charged for the value of the goods despatched). This does not affect the customer's statutory rights.
Lily & Lionel Ltd reserves the right to cancel any order at any time providing no payment has been taken.
Prices and availability of goods is subject to change without notice.
Kindly note that any items ordered that may be temporarily out of stock will automatically be charged immediately upon purchase. A refund is available anytime after placing your order.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF MATERIALS
This site is owned and operated by Lily & Lionel Ltd. No material from the website lilyandlionel.com or otherwise created by or for Lily & Lionel Ltd may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of Lily & Lionel Ltd's copyright and other proprietary rights. For the purposes of this Agreement, the use of any such material on any other Web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
The materials in this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Lily & Lionel Ltd disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Lily & Lionel Ltd does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Lily & Lionel Ltd does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials advertised or made available from this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. You (and not Lily & Lionel Ltd) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Lily & Lionel Ltd be liable for any special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials advertised or made available from this site, even if Lily & Lionel Ltd or Lily & Lionel Ltd authorised representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In no event shall Lily & Lionel Ltd's total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action (whether in contract, tort (including, but not limited to, negligence) or otherwise) exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this site.
WITH RIGHTS COME RESPONSIBILITIES. AS AN ONLINE SHOPPER, YOU MUST:
- - Check delivery details carefully
- - Ensure all requested information is correct and complete
- - Read and agree to the terms and conditions
- - Try to be delivery-friendly: If you are likely to be out at the time of delivery, try to make a safe alternative arrangement (e.g. with a neighbour or workplace);
- - Have realistic expectations: allow enough time for goods to arrive (picking, packing, shipping - and sourcing, if not in stock)
- - Avoid unnecessary / premature enquiries that waste time and money: take advantage of any online support tools (e.g. FAQs, tracking)
- - Be aware that it takes longer and costs more to deliver to some remote areas
- - Appreciate that retailers don't 'lend' goods but 'sell' them: If you simply decide you don't want an item, expect to pay the return-shipping bill yourself: generally, returned items must be unused, in good condition and retain their original packaging
- - Agree in advance with the retailer if you are going to return goods that are faulty or incorrect, then return the goods in accordance with the retailer's instructions: expect that you may be required to pay for return postage, which will usually be refunded by the retailer once the problem is confirmed.